If you are struggling with the LAP-C logic analyser driver under Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 - you found a right place to be :)
I haven't used it in past few months so I was very surprised when Windows said that is not happy with the driver (after upgrading to 8.1). After spending number of hours finding a solution I came up with this:
1. Download http://www.zeroplus.com.tw/software_download/lac_s31200_all(win8).zip (this is their official file however, I couldn't find it in any place on the zeroplus website)
2. Extract the zip file.
3. Navigate to the "Driver Setup" folder and extract the "Data1.cab" file (or double click on it to see its contents).
4. Copy the following files to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\PC-Based Instrument\ZEROPLUS\DRIVER\"
- Bulkusb.inf8 and rename it as bulkusb.inf
- Bulkusb.sys7 and rename it as bulkusb.sys
- Bulkusb64.cat3 and rename it as bulkusb64.cat
5. Go to the Device Manager, right click on the LAP-C Analyser device, select "Update Driver Software".
6. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software" and select the folder from point 4 above.
Hope it helps! Thanks for big thumbs up!